See our available positions below
TuksNovation Business and Technology Incubator invites applications for the position of:
Enterprise development & Commercialisation manager
REPORTING TO: Centre Manager
PAY SCALE: A maximum CTC package can be negotiated dependent on qualifications and experience of successful candidate.
LOCATION: Hatfield, Pretoria
CLOSING DATE: 17h00, 31 May 2022
Duration: 3 Year Contract, subject to successful completion of 3 (three) months’ probation period.
Main Purpose of the Job: The main purpose of this position is to manage the TuksNovation business and technology incubation and acceleration programme. Provide technology and enterprise development support to TuksNovation’s clients.
Minimum Education and Experience: A relevant university degree at Honors level in either Engineering, Information Technology (IT) / Business Management / Finance or equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ professional working experience • At least 3 years’ experience in developing high tech ventures in a high – tech entrepreneurial environment • At least 3 years’ experience in a middle to senior management role.• Successful track record in managing high growth business support programmes. • Broad understanding of the SMME ecosystem in South Africa.• Strong project management and reporting skills
Key Performance Areas: • Development and monitoring of technology based start-ups and entrepreneurs • Supporting businesses in developing product strategies and business models • Oversee mentorship programme • Build strong links with multiple stakeholders in corporate, university and government to secure funding and partnerships for the programme • Project initiation and reporting • Liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders • Management of small diverse multi-disciplinary team • Oversee event planning and management
Preferred Knowledge and Skills: The candidate must have a proven knowledge of innovation processes, technology development, IP management and start-up company development (preferably across a range of sectors).
Critical Competencies and Skills: • Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) • Ability and sophistication to interact with internal and external stakeholders • Ability to meet set targets within tight deadlines • Organising ability • Capability of writing technical and business documents and reports concisely and persuasively • Project Management • Ability to work under pressure • Report writing • Strategic thinking • High level of emotional intelligence • People management and team building skills • Self starter, with minimal supervisory requirement • Broad knowledge of cloud based enterprise and customer relationship management tools and systems
Additional Competencies: Analytical and synthesizing • Planning • Innovative • Presentation skills
To apply for this position, interested applicants are required to submit:
- Motivation letter – maximum of 2 pages covering letter stating reasons for being the candidate of choice and vision for the TuksNovation business incubation and acceleration programme.
- Comprehensive CV (maximum 4 pages)
- List of at least 3 contactable references (included in your CV)
- Proof of qualifications
- The Company is based in Pretoria on the University of Pretoria, Hatfield campus.
- All Candidates, by applying agree to take a skills or assessment evaluation should they be shortlisted.
- Regrettably correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.
Tuksnovation reserves the right not to make an appointment, if you did not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Please send your applications with the heading ‘TuksNovation EDM position’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly supported by: